Children's Home Society of Florida
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
The Development Manager supports CHS efforts to attain and sustain fundraising revenue and special events, to help advance CHS strategic objectives and priorities. This involves identifying, cultivating and advancing donors through positive donor relations, giving campaigns, corporate support and foundations, and leading the development and execution of special events that achieve fundraising goals. Overall, the Development Manager contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that position CHS as the leader in delivering proactive behavioral health, case management, community and early childhood solutions for children and families.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
Primary Job Functions
- Identify, cultivate and advance donors to secure gifts through positive donor relations, giving campaigns, corporate support and foundations.
- Direct the stewardship of donors; hold a minimum of 100 face-to-face visits with potential gift prospects.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relations with foundations, corporations, community partners and current/prospective donors through engagement efforts such as program tours and visits and other strategies.
- Engage the board of director fundraising efforts, including tracking “give/gets,” committees, and other activities as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
- Identify new, innovative sources of fundraising revenue, while managing and strengthening other types of support, such as volunteerism, in kind donations, etc.
- Use the CRM to classify donors, as well as to track donor actions, notes and opportunities; manage all data in accordance with CHS requirements and external regulations.
- Comply with CHS policies and practices regarding risk management, donation processing and financial controls.
- Lead the development and execution of targeted special events that achieve performance targets and fundraising goals.
- Manage event planning for community-based fundraising events and awareness campaigns, including timely coordination and execution of promotional activities, venue logistics, marketing material development and other related details.
- Monitor financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan; take appropriate measures to meet goals.
- Engage, recruit, train and manage relationships with community and other volunteers to ensure successful event execution.
- Engage the community to drive increased event participation.
- Research and implement best practices for event revenue growth; foster innovation at the event level.
- Use available tools and processes to maximize event results, including online fundraising.
- Analyze and respond to customer experience survey, comparative event and other success factors data to make necessary changes to ensure present and future event success.
- Comply with CHS policies and practices regarding event and cash handling.
- Contribute to a positive, engaging work environment.
- Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on job-related issues and trends.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality process.
- Comply with CHS’s code of conduct, policies, procedures and other obligations.
- Assist with training other team members and providing back up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond values in the performance of all job duties.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Service or related degree from an accredited university required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire with daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle, required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in philanthropic fundraising or related area, required; experience raising funds through annual giving highly desired.
- Raisers Edge experience a plus.
- Marketing | Donor Cultivation & Stewardship | Special Events Planning | Volunteer Management
- Computer systems and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Skills And Proficiency In
- Planning, organization, time and project management, oral/written communication, public speaking
- Interpersonal relationship building, collaboration, teamwork, individual and group motivation
- Computer systems and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Build and cultivate relationships and networks, inside and outside the organization
- Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm
- Perform at a high level of autonomy with general supervision under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes ambiguous environments
- Commit to providing high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
- Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Meet critical deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Solve varied problems and document results using sound judgment
- Demonstrate the behaviors of our CHS Common Bond Values, with acceptance of individual differences
- Be energetic, passionate and adaptable with a deep commitment to social service, compassion for children and families and a positive approach to embracing and managing change
The incumbent will work a standard scheduled week, which may include weekends, holidays and evenings. The ability to work flexible hours is required to meet business needs. If working remotely, incumbent will be required to be available by telephone and email during specified hours. Travel will be on an as-needed basis to conduct business-related activities. While most activities can be fulfilled remotely, there is a preference that the candidate be from the Treasure Coast region.
Show more Show less
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history. CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children [...]
Job Type: Full-Time Location: Work at Home Florida Different by Nature, Concentrix by Choice WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? - A diverse, global organization full of intelligent, friendly people t [...]
Territory Manager Southeast - Carolinas - Florida at Ivanti Americas Territory Manager Southeast - Carolinas Florida Ivanti is seeking a Territory Manager to drive new business and up-sell revenue [...]
Territory Manager – Southeast - Carolinas - Florida at Ivanti AmericasTerritory Manager – Southeast - Carolinas – Florida Ivanti is seeking a Territory Manager to drive new business and up- [...]