Marketing / Sales / Product Support
JOB: Autonomous Truck Specialist – Mining
LOCATION : Peru (Moquegua)
Caterpillar are expanding our MineStar® Command System to a number of key mining operations and have multiple opportunities for individuals seeking a new challenge in the mining industry. The Caterpillar Autonomous Truck Specialist is a site-based role where you can work hand in hand with our customers. These roles are FIFO (fly in/fly out) or DIDO (drive in/drive out) depending on the mine site and offer great work life balance opportunities with a balanced roster.
Your role will be to ensure the Command for hauling equipment and system is working at its optimum performance, using your specialist knowledge and experience. You will troubleshoot issues in the field, and work with a multidisciplinary team to rectify faults. You also have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities and work with the Caterpillar engineering team to drive product improvements.
This role will be well suited to someone who thrives on a challenge and enjoys driving continual improvement in the product. Full product training will be provided as part of your on boarding process, including our on-board networks/machine control systems and how to troubleshoot them.
We will offer you a dynamic team environment with great opportunities for personal development. As a recognised expert you will work together with our best Caterpillar engineers. Your career as an Autonomous Truck Specialist can take you anywhere within Caterpillar.
Once you complete your training program, your job duties may include (but not limited to)
- Manage machine and system integration
- Identify field issues, troubleshoot and then track progress.
- Analyse data relating to Autonomous and base machine faults, including regular evaluation of the data accuracy and integrity of the system
- Work with the Engineering teams to provide input and develop a plan for system enhancements and upgrades
- Report on the working status of hardware and software of the Autonomous system to Engineering
- Understand the proper procedures in case of critical failures in the system
- Train other staff and mentor junior team members
To be successful in this role, you will require the following attributes:
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and/or electrical mining trucks
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience within Mining Industry or Mining Technology (Systems and Practices)
- Sound knowledge of off-board communications and experience with radios and networks
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or prior experience developing or testing on-board machine control systems or off-board mine control systems
- Ability to integrate and maintain a complex electronic system on a machine utilizing schematic models.
- Analytical skills that can be used to troubleshoot electronic systems to understand root cause.
- Strong desire to assist in hands-on system installations.
- Motivated self-starter capable of working with others to complete all tasks accountable to them on time.
- On board experience with Mine Star will be highly desired.
- English Advanced
- Driver License - Desirable
- Job available for Internal and External candidates
APPLY BEFORE 30 MAR
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
* Descripción de la Empresa: Mibanco es el primer banco peruano, líder en microfinanzas, que asume la responsabilidad de concentrar sus esfuerzos en el apoyo financiero a la micro y pequeña empresa [...]
- Empresa líder en logística se encuentra en la búsqueda de un CHOFER con unidad propia para reparto de productos varios en todo lima para la empresa SAGA FALABELLA REQUISITOS: - Conocer las r [...]
- Prestigiosa CORPORACIÓN INDUSTRAIL, se encuentra en la búsqueda de una Señorita para desempeñarse como ASISTENTE DE LOGÍSTICA - COMPRAS LOCALES. Haber laborado en puestos similares realizando l [...]
- ¡Somos una cadena de restaurante orientada al mundo de la comida saludable, y queremos que tengas la posibilidad de conocer nuestra empresa brindándote el beneficio de estar con nosotros por 4 dí [...]