Aequilibrium Software Inc.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Java Back End Web Developer or Desarrollador Web Java Back End to join us and begin working on our projects in Latin America. The ideal candidate should love tackling complex architectures and consulting with clients to bring clarity to challenging enterprise environments. If you have a passion for technology and are excited about leading a digital revolution in the financial industry, keep reading.
As a Senior Java Back End Web Developer at Aequilibrium, you’ll be working with our financial services team to implement digital banking transformation projects on the Backbase platform. Using Backbase,
you will be creating omni-channel new user experiences that take banking into the 21st century and building integrations that enable our customers to overcome the limitations of aging legacy systems. Overall, you will own key components which form the backbone of the modern financial institution, and you’ll be dedicated to finding ways to make solutions faster, more resilient, and more flexible.
You will not be working alone. You’ll be part of a high-performance Scrum team of software developers, UX designers, architects, business analysts, QA engineers, and salespeople who all work together in-house at aequilibrium. You’ll work shoulder to shoulder with our teams, partners, and clients.
Skills and Experience
- You have 6+ years of enterprise Java development experience working on complex, mission-critical applications
- You’re at home working with Spring and Spring extensions including Web MVC, Spring Boot and Spring Security
- You’ve worked with Application Servers like Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss
- You truly understand Agile software development, and have worked on teams that have used methodologies like Scrum
- You’re excited by the challenge of integrating modern solutions with legacy systems
- You’re familiar with Enterprise integration Patterns and frameworks like Apache Camel
- You have exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills
- You practice Test-Driven Development (TDD) using JUnit, and know how to leverage Unit Testing and Continuous Integration throughout the development cycle
- You understand how to balance technical excellence with delivery, and can recognize the distinction between polish and gold plating
- You value writing clean, maintainable code that solves business problems quickly
- You have a strong grasp of Git and other source control technologies
- You’ve worked extensively with SOAP and RESTful web services, using tools like XML, JSON, and RAML
- You easily help transform business requirements into technical architecture
- You’re not afraid of interacting with our clients, partners and stakeholders
Nice To Have
If you have experience with the following, we would love to hear about it:
- Full stack development skills (we often use Angular for our front end development projects)
- Experience with the Backbase platform
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Web application security (OWASP) and best-practices for writing secure code
- Persistence frameworks like Hibernate
- Amazon Web Services
- Relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle
- Experience in consulting or software professional services
- Spanish language skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent)
The ability to speak both Spanish (fluently) and English (business conversational) is essential for this position. You will be working on our projects with clients throughout Latin America so the ability to communicate with the client and our internal teams is key to success!
Note: Please submit your application in English. Our recruitment team is based here, in Canada and have limited Spanish speaking skills. You should be prepared to speak in English during our recruitment process.
Speed. That’s something we’re known for around here. We work fast. Really fast. Our team uses Agile methodologies and Lean Startup principles to deliver our clients’ projects before the competition. We’re a digital product studio which brings together product managers, designers and developers dedicated to creating winning web, mobile and IoT solutions. We plan, design, architect and build technology platforms and products—delivering world-class technology solutions for both established companies (such as Hootsuite, Central 1 Credit Union, Monexa, iQmetrix) and well-funded startups (such as Sneaker Con, and Grideo).
We foster a casual and collaborative work environment and support flexible schedules. We're big on technology and creativity, and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats.
We can be very flexible in regards to your location and are able to accommodate remote working throughout the Americas.
Whether you wish to stay in your current location or have plans to emigrate to Canada in the future, please apply and our recruitment team will be happy to discuss your preferences and potential options of employment with you.
Learn more about our team: aequilibrium.com/careers
Aequilibrium is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining our team, you may be asked to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check.
Get Social with Us!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Check out some of our recent press:
Anchor | BetaKit | Business in Vancouver | VancouverUX
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
* Descripción de la Empresa: Mibanco es el primer banco peruano, líder en microfinanzas, que asume la responsabilidad de concentrar sus esfuerzos en el apoyo financiero a la micro y pequeña empresa [...]
- Empresa líder en logística se encuentra en la búsqueda de un CHOFER con unidad propia para reparto de productos varios en todo lima para la empresa SAGA FALABELLA REQUISITOS: - Conocer las r [...]
- Prestigiosa CORPORACIÓN INDUSTRAIL, se encuentra en la búsqueda de una Señorita para desempeñarse como ASISTENTE DE LOGÍSTICA - COMPRAS LOCALES. Haber laborado en puestos similares realizando l [...]
- ¡Somos una cadena de restaurante orientada al mundo de la comida saludable, y queremos que tengas la posibilidad de conocer nuestra empresa brindándote el beneficio de estar con nosotros por 4 dí [...]