This post is responsible to provide efficient and effective services in accounting, finance and treasury matters to the project managers and officers within a specified range of portfolio of projects under the overall responsibility of the Regional Representative. The main areas of his/her roles can be summarized as follows: Financial Polices and Processes Accounting reporting Budgeting Validation of transactions Perform the month end accounting cycle and processing of specific accounting transactions Relationships with other stakeholders: project managers, programme staff, Head of Office, auditors, finance analyst, and Zone Financial Controller
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
1. Financial Policies and Procedures:
- Have a deep understanding of the financial federation procedures that will allow validating the transactions accordingly (e.g. authorization procedure, contracts procedure, etc.). - Advice project staff in the appropriate interpretation of the financial procedures so the transactions to be performed are in compliance with them. - Provide feedback to project managers on documentation submitted with incorrect coding or inadequate supporting documentation. - Provide feedback to his/her line manager or the Zone Financial Controller of improvements in policies, processes or procedures undefined. 2. Financial reporting. - Perform a periodic review of the transactions posted to the projects of the portfolio of this post to ensure the accuracy of the transactions entered into the accounting system. It will facilitate the preparation financial reports. - Monitoring of the donor reports list with the objective to send the reports to donor before the due dates. - Verify that the transactions have been processed according to the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and the IFRC policies and procedures. It is also important to ensure that the donor requirements have been met. - Be prepare to provide information about reports to the finance analysts for the reporting meeting with other departments to discuss the overall situation of the financial reports of your respective portfolio. - Prepare income or expenditure reallocations with the respective approval of the project manager to ensure that the reports can be send to the donor with accuracy undefined. 3. Budgeting - Provide technical support and advice to the project managers and / or programme staff during the preparation and/or revision of budgets and / or ceilings. - Provide analysis of actual expenditures vs. budgets with its respective analysis of the variances (if there is any) and recommendations. - Coordinate the expenditure reallocations when it is necessary to align expenditures vs. the budget lines. - Do consolidations of budgets of the respective portfolio. - Prepare outlooks in terms of the estimated expenditures of a project to complement the information provided to the project manager. 4. Validation of transactions: - Ensure that all the transactions related to his/her portfolio are validated following the expenditure authorization procedure and others. - Ensure that transfers to National Societies are performed only if they are in compliance with the validation process, policies and procedures. It is important to monitor the specifications in the project agreement to ensure the funds are transferred in line with it. - Ensure all accounting transactions are properly authorized and supported by original and valid supporting documentation. - Provide feedback to the project managers when findings have been identified in terms of documentation that does not meet the requirements or transactions that are not within the approved budget. - Follow up with the project manager or unit staff that the forecasts, journal of expenditures, MSA claim forms and other documents are presented within the established deadlines in order to validate them. - Provide quality and analytical information of the status of the working advances of National Societies to support the follow up of outstanding working advances and reconciliations by the project manager. - Provide monthly account statements to staff to reconcile the balances and obtain the reimbursement or the settlement of the liability. - Perform a weekly review for accuracy of transactions entered into the accounting system (focus on accuracy of the account codes and line descriptions) undefined.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
5. Financial Analysis: Prepare to assist to monthly meetings with the project manager and unit staff to present the financial analysis of the projects within the post’s portfolio. It will facilitate common understanding of the financial situation of the projects, issues, risks, opportunities, pending tasks, donor reports, key performance indicators of the projects and programme, etc. - Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as per demand. - Interpret financial indicators to project managers and provide quality advice to increase the performance or minimize or mitigate risks. - Perform a monthly review of the balance sheet and take appropriate actions to ensure all old-dormant balances are cleared and current balances are properly documented and reconciled. 6. Accounting: - Responsible for the perform of the month end and year end accounting cycle. - Responsible for posting documents in the accounting system. - Responsible for the processing of expenditure reallocations and forecasts. - Ensure monthly forecasts are received and validated from all programme managers and they are entered into the accounting system. - Ensure that all the other transactions such as journal of expenditures, request for payments and Monthly Subsistence Allowance are tabulated in a format and send to the accounting department for posting. - Coordinate the adequate booking of the accounts payable transactions. - Prepare income and or expenditure reallocations as per demand. - Assist in data entry into the accounting system as required. - Perform the month-end close in accordance with the accounting checklist undefined. 7. Relationships with other stakeholders: - Liaise with project managers and unit staff to provide effective services with the aim to contribute to the achievements of the plans and results. - Liaise with Head of Office to provide her/him the financial information about the projects / programmes under his supervision. - Liaise with the assigned finance analysts to get advice, orientation, support on technical matters and provide feedback to the findings observed in the monthly field returns, accounting and financial matters. - Liaise with the Senior Finance Officer to get support where necessary to accomplish task and keep her/him informed about progress or issues. - Liaise with the Zone Financial Controller to highlight urgent matters and provide feedback of how to improve systems and processes. - Support auditors in terms of clarification or providing supporting documentation. - Conduct briefing and debriefings to unit staff under his/her portfolio undefined. 8. Others: - Provide assistance in case of finance assistant long term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure business continuity. - Be prepare to assist during emergency operations. - Be prepare to deliver training to IFRC finance, IFRC non finance or National Society Staff (if it is required). - Preparation and follow up of the supplementary service invoices Ensure that updated financial filing systems are in place.
A university or professional school degree in an accounting or finance related area.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a finance or accounting department. - At least 2 years of field experience in a humanitarian organisation (Preferred)- Experience managing and supporting staff (Preferred) - Experience working with the Red Cross / Red Crescent (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Self-supported in computing systems - Must be able to travel at all times and at short notice, and to work outside normal working hours as the situation requires and under stressful working condition (Preferred) - Skills in training and developing staff (Preferred) - Fluently spoken and written English - Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
- Ability to work in a team - Excellent communication skills - Cultural sensitivity
Job Reference: IFRC04658
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, w [...]
responsAbility Investments AG is an asset manager in the field of development investments and offers professionally-managed investment solutions to private, institutional and public investors. The com [...]
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to support our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll. Finance Assistant Responsibilities include processing payments, maintaining cost reports [...]
We are looking for a Finance Officer to take charge of the financial health of our company by administering accounting operations to meet legal Requirements. You should be familiar with audits, invoi [...]