Bechtel OG & C
Requisition ID: 230795
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/21/2020
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets.
Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Administers large moderately complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal, or technical difficulties. Prepares change orders and amendments to negotiate with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain the settlement.
- Manage a small team of contract specialists to form and administer local community contracts.
- Closely interface with the Owner and Bechtel management and sustainability teams; forging strong relationships with all key stakeholders in Owner, Bechtel, and contractor entities.
- Develop and implement contractor initiatives, training, and workshops to forge better relationships and understanding between Owner, Bechtel, and Contractor personnel.
- Administers assigned (sub)contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, (sub)contract performance, (sub)contract administration, and other major matters.
- Administers complex (sub)contracts. Extensive knowledge and experience in (sub)contract administration required. Represents Bechtel in (sub)contract negotiations.
- Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
- Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
- Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of (sub)contract terms and conditions.
- Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Law, Engineering, Construction or equivalent
- Advanced level of English language spoken and written.
- Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies, and practices.
- Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations, and accounting.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements, and contract terms.
- Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
- Experience in contracting with local community contractors.
- Local working knowledge of the Cajamarca, Perú region.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Por encargo de nuestro importante cliente RANSA nos encontramos en la búsqueda de Chofer de Reparto. Urgente. REQUISITOS: -Secundaria Completa. -Tiempo de brevete 2 años mínimos. ( No indispensa [...]
- Importante empresa en crecimiento se encuentra en la búsqueda de talentos Ejecutivo de ventas CALL CENTER – CLIENTE EMPRESAS REQUISITOS: -Experiencia mínima de un (1) año en ventas tele [...]
- Connotada organización transnacional que destaca en la prestación de servicios Call Center y Presencial, para promociones, ventas, atención al cliente, cobranzas, crosselling etc., en empresas de [...]
- Por encargo de nuestro cliente líder en la Industria de Mudanzas, nos encontramos en búsqueda del mejor talento cubrir el puesto de: RECEPCIONISTA REQUISITOS: - Estudios técnicos o univ [...]